As a general rule, PSAC will not collect, use, or disclose personal information without consent. However, there are some circumstances in which consent is not required or cannot be obtained. For example, PSAC may collect and use personal information provided by employers in accordance with collective agreements or by order of a court or administrative tribunal.
PSAC may collect and retain personal information from the following sources:
- Dues and membership forms
- Grievance, appeal, or claim forms
- Information provided by employers in accordance with collective agreements or by order of a court or administrative tribunal
- Information provided pursuant to statutory or regulatory requirements
- Other information provided by members through surveys, registration forms, etc.
- Through members’ interactions with union officers and staff, including email and other correspondence