Under the direction of the Programs Coordinator and as part of a team that includes other programs, is responsible for the maintenance of the PSAC Disability Insurance Program.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in the development of disability insurance policies procedures and practices focusing efforts on achieving excellent work outcomes consistent with the organizational priorities and vision;
- The position requires demonstrated working experience with employee disability insurance plans and legislation.
- The position requires a very good knowledge of the organizational structure and management processes of the PSAC and its Components.
- The position requires good computer skills and demonstrated knowledge of system applications;
- The position requires demonstrated problem solving, consultative, persuasive, conflict resolution skills and excellent judgment to provide sound direction and advice on disability issues to all levels of management and staff;
- The position requires demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to be an effective team member to create an environment that nurtures the principles and values of the Alliance;
- The position requires strong oral and written communication skills in English and French;
- The position requires the ability to interpret and apply policies, regulations, and collective agreements;
- The position requires the ability to work with confidential information.
- Demonstrate commitment to trade union and equity principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.