Under the direction of the IT/IM Network Operations Supervisor, and as a member of the Information Technology and Information Management Section, the Database and Application Support Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, adapting/customizing, maintaining and ensuring the quality and integrity of databases, applications, data management tools and reporting.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a relevant discipline or a combination of education and experience in the computer field;
- A minimum of 6 years’ demonstrated working experience in an IT environment, with 4 years in designing, customizing and maintaining databases, software applications, programming and networks;
- Experience optimizing and performance tuning MS SQL Server;
- Experience with performance analysis using MS SQL Server tools like: Activity Monitor and SQL Profiler;
- Experience with MS SQL Server Analysis Services;
- Experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services including but not limited to implementing ETL solutions;
- Experience with Dynamics GP;
- Assets include: Experience coding in C# and Visual Basic using the ASP.Net framework; Azure SQL Database; Powershell; Microsoft R; Data Analysis/Analytics and Python.
- Advanced knowledge of server and desktop operating systems (e.g. Microsoft) and experience with PC hardware, software technology, networks and the TCP/IP protocol;
- Advanced knowledge of Transact-SQL including implementing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel data connections, pivot tables and formulas;
- Knowledge of Nintex workflow automated software, an asset.
- Ability to install, verify, evaluate and implement various databases, systems and networks;
- Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive and technically sound advice and recommendations to managers and to other technical staff;
- Proven track record of taking responsibility and ownership of work activities, and ability to demonstrate good time management;
- Ability to demonstrate good client service through commitment and customer service;
- Ability to adapt to and learn quickly new trending and emerging technologies, techniques, programming and reporting tools;
- Ability to remain current on trends in emerging IT systems, networks and database design by participating in seminars, courses and industry presentations;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or French in writing and orally is essential.
- Commitment to continuous quality/ process improvement and change management processes and techniques;
- The position requires excellent judgement and demonstrated problem solving skills, to provide advice on a variety of complex database and other technical issues, to all users and technical staff.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.