The Communications Officer offers a broad range of advisory and support for communications services to the PSAC.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field is required, with a minimum of five years related experience. Prior experience working with a labour or political organization will be considered.
- Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the PSAC;
- Knowledge of union and social issues;
- Knowledge of issues affecting the union movement and PSAC members;
- Knowledge of government decision-making and of the Canadian political system;
- Knowledge of media relations including the ability to establish a working relationship with and influence members of the media.
- Ability to assess and analyze in order to develop appropriate communication strategies;
- Ability to conceptualize and design a variety of communication materials;
- Ability to strategize in order to mobilize members into action;
- Ability to plan and organize in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and French;
- Ability to edit for style and length and proofread French and English documents.
Note: We are currently offering two Communications Officer positions: one indeterminate position posted as competition number 0200-0005A-017 and one term position posted as competition number 9020-0018A-017. Please indicate the competition number for which you are applying.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.