THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF RESOLUTIONS IS June 10, 2016, 4:00p.m. EST
Preparations for the 2016 PSAC National Health and Safety Conference, to be held in Montréal from November 18 to 20, 2016, are well underway.
The resolutions should be aimed at strengthening and improving the Union’s work on health and safety issues and at advancing our objectives.
Resolutions will be discussed, debated and voted on at the Conference and then subsequently submitted to the appropriate bodies including the next PSAC Triennial Convention in 2018.
- The traditional resolutions process will be utilized for the 2016 PSAC National Health and Safety Conference (i.e. resolutions committee, debate at the Conference).
- All PSAC constitutionally recognized bodies and union structures will be entitled to forward resolutions to the 2016 PSAC National Health and Safety Conference.
- Only five (5) resolutions per body/structure will be accepted.
- Please limit your resolution to a maximum of 150 words.
- Submitted resolutions are to be formatted in 14 point Arial font.
- Resolutions can be submitted in either the traditional or clear language format (please see the following examples of the two formats).
- Submitted resolutions should not include any special formatting such as boxes or drawings.
Should you have any questions regarding the resolutions process, please contact Denis St-Jean, the PSAC Health and Safety Program Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bob Jackson AEC Officer responsible for the 2016 PSAC National Health and Safety Conference
The following is a sample resolution reproduced in both the Traditional format and the Clear Language format: