THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF RESOLUTIONS IS
Friday, September 30, 2016, 4:00 p.m. EST
The Resolutions should be aimed at strengthening and improving the Union’s work and at advancing PSAC objectives. Only resolutions aimed at strengthening and improving the Union’s work on the respective equity issues will be accepted.
Resolutions will be discussed, debated and voted on at the Resolutions Sessions for each equity group and subsequently submitted to the appropriate bodies including the next PSAC National Triennial Convention in 2018.
The traditional resolutions process will be utilized for the 2017 PSAC National Equity Conferences (i.e. resolutions committee, debate at the Conferences).
All PSAC constitutionally recognized bodies will be entitled to forward resolutions to the 2017 PSAC National Equity Conferences.
- A maximum of five (5) resolutions per body and per regional women’s conference (for the National Women’s Conference) will be accepted.
- Submitted resolutions must:
- be limited to a maximum of 150 words;
- be formatted in 14 point Arial font;
- be formatted in either the traditional or clear language format and include the title, originating body and language of origin (please see the following examples of the two formats).;
- not include any special formatting such as boxes or drawings.
Should you have any questions regarding the resolutions process, please contact the Programs Section at (613) 560-5457 or by email at email@example.com.