Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Financial Accounting and the direction of the Finance Officers, the bookkeeper processes, records and reconciles financial transactions.
Education and experience:
- Experience using computerized business accounting systems;
- Collegial studies in accounting or in a field relevant to the position.
- Knowledge of PSAC organizational structure and administrative procedures, policies and precedents;
- Ability to understand and apply collective agreements, directives, policies and procedures;
- Proven ability to work independently and to contribute effectively in a team environment;
- Good organization, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities / peak workloads and to meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and French.
- Good judgment;
- Discretion, tact and ability to deal with members, staff and suppliers in a diplomatic manner;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and employment equity principles.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.