Global linguistic level:
Second language CEFR level: B1
As a result of the PSAC Workforce and Availability Analysis and in accordance with the PSAC Employment Equity Plan, the successful candidate for this appointment will be a qualified Racially Visible person.
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Financial Accounting and the direction of the Finance Officers, the bookkeeper -accounts processes, records and reconciles financial transactions.
- Experience using computerized business accounting systems;
- Collegial studies in accounting or in a field relevant to the position.
- Knowledge of PSAC organizational structure and administrative procedures, policies and precedents;
- Ability to understand and apply collective agreements, directives, policies and procedures;
- Proven ability to work independently and to contribute effectively in a team environment;
- Good organization, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities / peak workloads and to meet deadlines;
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above
- Good judgment;
- Discretion, tact and ability to deal with members, staff and suppliers in a diplomatic manner;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and employment equity principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.