The position is responsible for working with the Regional Executive Vice‑President (REVP), by supporting the day-to-day work and assisting the REVP in responding to a wide range of requests.
- Strong administrative and secretarial skills associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, and normally acquired through several years of experience in providing administrative and secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position;
- Good knowledge of the organization, structure and functions of the PSAC.
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to union and equity principles, the aims and objectives of the PSAC.
- Awareness of current issues that are of concern to the membership. The knowledge is greater than any one functional or program area.
- The incumbent must be well versed in the filing and retrieval of information.
- High degree of computer literacy including word processing and the ability to use the Internet for research purposes;
- General knowledge of bookkeeping skills required to perform tasks such as account reconciliations (e.g. bank reconciliations), to record financial transactions, and prepare basic balance, income statements.
- Ability to coordinate work and project specific activities
- Ability to create and maintain a website;
- Ability to organize and prioritize her/his work;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, under pressure, meet deadlines,
- Ability to communicate effectively, respond independently, employing excellent communications skills, orally and in writing in English and French and excellent tact;
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.