- Linguistic designation: Bilingual (English and French)
- Global linguistic level: Second language CEFR level: C1
- In accordance with the PSAC Employment Equity Plan this position will be filled by a qualified racially visible person.
The position is responsible for working with the Regional Executive Vice President (REVP) by supporting the day-to-day work and assisting the REVP in responding to a wide range of requests.
- Strong administrative and Executive Assistant skills associated with successful completion of business and/or related training, or equivalent, and normally acquired through several years of experience in providing administrative services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Proficient knowledge of accounting software and bookkeeping skills to perform tasks such as account reconciliations (e.g. bank reconciliations), to record financial transactions, and prepare financial statements.
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to union and equity principles, the aims and objectives of the PSAC.
- Knowledge is required for the “coordination of work and project specific activities”.
- High degree of computer literacy including word processing and the ability to use the Internet for research purposes.
- Awareness of current political, social and labour issues that are of concern to the membership.
- Good knowledge of the structure and functions of the PSAC.
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Ability to update websites as needed.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, under pressure, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, respond independently, employing excellent communications skills, orally and in writing.
- Personal integrity, good judgment, initiative, tact and patience.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.