The position provides administrative support and services to the National Executive Vice‑President (NEVP) and the Political Assistant (PA) to the NEVP & Regional Executive Vice-Presidents (REVP).
- experience working in a high level administrative capacity for a complex, large organization providing administrative support to a senior executive and team of senior executives.
- general administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent normally provided through several years of experience;
- knowledge of basic financial accounting procedures;
- knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities;
- knowledge of the organization, functions and policies of the Public Service Alliance of Canada;
- knowledge of the federal government and its operations (Committees, lobbying, caucuses, etc.).
- ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., e-mail and internet;
- proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of French and English grammar;
- written and oral English and French communication skills;
- ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment;
- ability to work under strict deadlines;
- ability to determine priorities with minimum supervision and problem-solving;
- initiative, good judgment;
- self-confidence, action-oriented, tenacity;
- as well as an understanding of and commitment to union principles.
A detailed job description is available at: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac .
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.