To provide administrative and paralanguage support to the Language Services Section.
• College certificate in administration or paralanguage services, or an equivalent combination of education
• Basic knowledge of trade union roles, objectives and activities; commitment to trade union and equity
• Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a variety of people (including external providers),
renegotiate deadlines and explain some complex processes;
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure to meet challenging deadlines;
• Strong computer skills to effectively manage specialized translation software, provide basic technical
support and troubleshooting, with support from IT and software providers;
• Ability to perform text analysis, pre-translation, post-translation of formatting of documents.
• Strong organizational skills, judgment, initiative and flexibility to plan and manage multiple priorities in order
to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.