The position provides a broad range of administrative services to the Regional Coordinator–Ontario to support and coordinate the management and operations of the five (5) Ontario regional offices in their role of providing effective delivery of PSAC programs and services in the region. The position is a confidential position excluded from the bargaining unit.
Working closely with the Regional Coordinator, the position supports the hiring, orientation, training and supervision of staff in the Ontario Regional Offices.
- Strong organization, administrative, research and bookkeeping skills and the ability associated with successful completion of business and/or administrative training, or equivalent normally provided through several years of experience at a senior administrative level.
- Knowledge of the political and operational structure of the Region, PSAC and overall trade union role, objectives and activities including an understanding of and commitment to social justice and union principles;
- Good knowledge of the organization and structure of the federal public service, and the Canadian parliamentary system;
- Thorough knowledge of the PSAC Constitution and Regulations, policies and objectives of PSAC programs.
- Strong time management skills to deal effectively with conflicting priorities, meet strict deadlines, fulfill obligations while remaining focused in the face of multiple distractions;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Windows, word processing, spreadsheet, email and presentation software;
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing in English;
- Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary, and the application and usage of grammar.
- High degree of self-motivation;
- Excellent initiative, good judgment, adaptability, problem-solving, reliability, organizational, attention to detail, customer service and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment requiring a high degree of leadership, good judgement, problem-solving skills and ability to contribute to planning and priority setting.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.