Provides assistance to the logistical administration of the six (6) PSAC National Conferences (Access, Aboriginal
Peoples, Health & Safety, Pride, Racially Visible and Women). Provides administrative support to the Convention,
Conferences and Project Officer in the logistical coordination of the PSAC triennial Convention, Pre-Convention
Committee meetings and events such as National Staff Conferences, bargaining conferences, regional conventions
and other projects as required.
• Demonstrated experience organizing large meetings and conferences, and knowledge of travel, logistics
and accommodation procedures.
• The position requires general administrative knowledge and the ability to organize, plan and determine work
priorities to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple, competing and changing priorities;
• Good knowledge of filing systems, both manual and computerized, and the ability to process draft versions,
edits final versions;
• Basic knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities as well as a commitment to union and equity
principles and some familiarly with government organizations, practices and procedures.
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a Windows environment, and advanced level;
• Ability to work with Word, Excel, Access, Internet, email and other databases and software;
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment.
• Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level
• High degree of initiative, good judgment, tact and problem-solving skills including the ability to recommend
solutions to resolve logistic or travel issues.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.