Provides assistance to the logistical administration of the six (6) PSAC National Conferences (Access, Aboriginal Peoples, Health & Safety, Pride, Racially Visible and Women).
Provides administrative support to the Convention, Conferences and Project Officer in the logistical coordination of the Convention, Pre-Convention Committee meetings and other projects as required.
Provides secretarial and administrative support to the Convention, Conferences & Project Officer.
Provides assistance as required to the logistical coordination of events such as National Staff Conferences, bargaining conferences, regional conventions etc.
- Demonstrated experience organizing large meetings and conferences, and knowledge of travel, logistics and accommodation procedures.
- The position requires general administrative knowledge and the ability to organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple, competing and changing priorities.
- Good knowledge of filing systems, both manual and computerized, and the ability to process draft versions, edits and final versions.
- Basic knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities as well as a commitment to union and equity principles and some familiarly with government organizations, practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a Windows environment, and advanced level. Ability to work with Word, Excel, Access, Internet, email and other databases and software.
- Excellent written and oral English and French communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- High degree of initiative, good judgment, tact and problem solving skills including the ability to recommend solutions to resolve logistic or travel issues.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.