Under the direction of the Director, Representation and Legal Services Branch (RLSB), provides administrative, clerical, filing and research support to the Legal Officer and the Public Service Modernization (PSM) – National Joint Committee (NJC) Officer. Provides administrative assistance to the RLSB Director by performing various required duties (photocopying, recording incoming mail, distributing documents) in the absence of the Administrative Assistant to the Director.
Education and Experience:
- The candidate for this position requires general administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of legal secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Court, Administrative Tribunals and Canadian Human Rights Commissions structures and practices:
- Basic knowledge of trade union roles, objectives and activities:
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including the use of Windows, e-mail, spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access) :
- Proficiency in spelling and in the application and usage of English and French grammar.
- Ability to effectively type, transcribe and perform other word processing functions using Microsoft Word:
- English and French written and oral communication skills. are preferential:
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities:
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others:
- Ability to perform research on Quicklaw, Ministry of Justice, Law Pro, etc.
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles:
- High level of initiative and good judgment.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.