Under the direction of the Information Technology and Information Management Coordinator, and as a member of the IT/IM Section, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative services to support the operations of the IT/IM Coordinator and other members of the Information Technology and Information Management Section.
- Successful completion of administrative and/or secretarial training, plus experience providing administrative support and/or secretarial duties in a union or similar environment, or an equivalent level of experience and education normally acquired through several years of experience in providing administrative or secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including ability to use MS Word and Excel, e-mail and Internet Explorer in a Windows environment.
- Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of French and English grammar.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and French;
- Very good verbal skills and etiquette are required to converse knowledgeably and tactfully on a variety of technical (basic) and non-technical subjects with staff within the IT Section and technology consultants and suppliers outside of the organization;
- Proven track record of taking responsibility and ownership surrounding work activities, and ability to demonstrate good time management;
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment;
- Ability to work occasionally under strict deadlines;
- Ability to determine priorities with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to trade union and equity principles.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of work quality and working methods.
- Willingness to provide a good customer service.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.