Under the direction of the Assistant to the National President, the position provides administrative support to the Executive Office staff including the National President, the Political Assistants, the Assistant to the National President and the Assistant to the National Executive Vice-President, in various areas, including, but not limited to, mail correspondence, documents processing, minutes taking, AEC, NBoD and other committees meeting preparation, proofreading, expense claims processing, travel arrangements and research of relevant documents.
- General administrative and secretarial knowledge and the ability to organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and more specifically demonstrated ability to work with: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.;
- Good knowledge of filing systems, both manual and computerized and the ability to process draft versions, edits, final versions;
- Excellent written and oral English and French communication skills are essential;
- Good knowledge of the organization, functions, policies of the PSAC and trade union role, objectives and activities.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and under pressure while remaining focused in the face of distractions.
- Ability to work in a political environment with sensitive issues.
- Ability to organize, plan and set priorities, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a team environment and make sound decisions;
- Ability to determine priorities with minimum supervision and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of initiative, good judgment, discretion and tact;
- Understanding and commitment to union principles.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.