The position is responsible for providing secretarial and administrative services to the staff of the Communications, Political Action and Campaigns Section.
Education and experience:
- General administrative secretarial knowledge associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent experience, normally acquired through several years in providing secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Good knowledge of the PSAC;
- Basic knowledge of trade union role, objectives and activities.
- Ability to effectively type, format documents for publications, transcribe from notes and perform other word-processing in English and French;
- Ability to operate a personal computer and a high degree of work processing skills using MS Word, the proficiency in the use of a personal computer, including ability to use Windows, e-mail, and spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and data base software (ideally Access) and HTML;
- Proficiency in spelling and in the application and usage of grammar and good vocabulary in English and French;
- Written and oral communications skills are essential in English and French;
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with others.
- High degree of initiative;
- Good judgment;
- Sensitivity to equity principles and special needs;
- Commitment to union and equity principles and some familiarity with government organizations, practices and procedures.
A detailed job description is available on our website: http://psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.