- Position linguistic designation: Bilingual (English and French)
- Position global linguistic level: Second language CEFR level: B2
Under the supervision of the Information Governance Manager, the Records and Information Management (RIM) Officer plays a key role in the design, development and implementation of the PSAC’s Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS). He/she will apply the PSAC’s methodology to the overall information architecture and configuration of EDRMS built on the SharePoint/Office 365 platform. He/she will play a key role in the engagement and onboarding of PSAC’s work groups to the EDRMS.
- Post-secondary degree in Information Science or a related field.
- At least 3 years experience in the field of information architecture and/or information management;
- Experience in planning, developing and/or maintaining an EDRMS.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of records and information management principles, retention schedules, legal requirements, practices and applications;
- Advanced knowledge of the science and methodology related to Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS) and their implementation;
- Advanced knowledge of Sharepoint, and more specifically the functionalities related to RIM: libraries, document sets, content types, term store, lists, security permissions, searches, etc.
- Understanding of the complexities and challenges in the design and management of an EDRMS in a multilingual environment;
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate organizational resources towards a technical project involving organizational change;
- Demonstrated ability to provide comprehensive and technically sound advice to stakeholders, end users, and technical support staff in specific technical and EDRMS application and process areas;
- Ability to apply and implement relevant new information management technologies and applications;
- Ability to identify legal requirements and to interpret policies in the area of the protection of personal information;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver comprehensive training sessions to a diverse user community
- Ability to effectively schedule tasks and assignments, deal with competing priorities and remain effective during pressure situations;
- Ability to accept responsibility and work effectively without close supervision in a methodical and efficient manner, and cooperatively with others in a team;
- Demonstrated problem solving, consultative, persuasive and conflict resolution skills to provide sound direction and advice on complex technology and processes issues to all levels of users.;
- Ability to demonstrate good client service;
- Second language skills as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level indicated above.
- Commitment to trade union and equity principles;
- Excellent judgment;
- Commitment to continuous quality / process improvement;
- Understanding of the sensitive political and social issues.
A detailed job description is available at: psacunion.ca/jobs-psac or on the attached document.
The PSAC is committed to employment equity and is actively seeking to ensure a representative workforce. We encourage applications from members of equity seeking groups.